Wednesday, April 11, 2007

Ye Olde Sudeley Castley



Over Easter we visited my brother and his family in the West Country. We went for a look around Sudeley Castle (near Wichcombe, Gloucestershire) and it's grounds. I had never heard of the place before, though it was marvellous. It has a long and lively history, mad topiary and a church within its grounds containing the tomb of Catherine Parr (the sixth wife of Henry VIII). The church and castle were recently used for the wedding of Elizabeth Hurley, though don't let that put you off.
Posted by Picasa

Comments:
These old castles and churches never fail to impress me. Actually, I should say they are jaw dropping. There just isn't anything like them here.
 
Thanks Annie. I'm pleased that you liked these. I was pretty impressed by this castle too.
 
things like this I can only dream of.... so ancient.
nothing like this here either - Australia being a very 'young' country in relation to buildings..
by the way - thanks for commenting about the Curnows - I have alot of information if you can email me through my profile... thanks so much!
(I have some gorgeous autumn photos coming soon)
 
Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?