Sunday, August 06, 2006

James Taylor Quartet Gig



Last night we went to see the phenomenal James Taylor Quartet. play at a very small festival at a nearby pub. It's called the 'Five Miles Inn'. The old pub there was called 'The Five Miles from Anywhere, No hurry Inn' as it could only be reached by horse or boat. It's a great setting by the River Ouse, and I can't remember having a beter night out. JTQ are a very funky, jazzy powerful band. The pictures do not do them justice. Hopefully they will come back next year, n which case I invite everybody I know here to come to see them.

Comments:
Sounds like you had a great time...had never heard of the James Taylor Quartet but now I have:-) Will check out their website!!
 
B&B style at your place? You're on. Hal and I went to hear Carrie Underwood, last year's AI winner, and also Randy Travis, C&W old timer. My personal choice has always been classical and rock and roll (go figure), but after many years of exposure, Im getting the hang of this music. "Concert" was held at a local winery which had turned a couple of their empty acres into an amphitheatre. I think your location was more interesting.
 
Looks delightful!

Smooch,
The Tart
; )
 
Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?