Saturday, June 10, 2006

Goodnight Llangorse


Comments:
Hello Jeremy I enjoyed viewing your part of the world with the photos posted!My husband is Irish so perhaps we will get to Whales one day. Can you imagine the art you could create sitting in the enchanted forest that I posted about!! Thanks for visiting! :)
 
Hi, Jeremy, I have been scrolling up & down and up & down, and loving each photo. There is so much to see and appreciate for those of us who were unable to go there. In addition, there is always that slight distortion in the film, which somehow removes the 3-D effect we love so much, and which is usually the reason we take the pic, which means that you were very particular about what you shot. The colors are unique, whether due to bright sun, or shade. There is so much green. I am envious. Yes, I live in a place that got loads of rain this winter, but it all dried up almost immediately, and the grasses turned yellow, and were dry and brittle soon after. You have a real artist's eye, and somehow have the ability to convey what is before you. Your students will have an overwhelming supply of ideas from which to choose when class begins again. Lucky them! Thank you for posting the photos for us. And, yes, of course I grabbed that Atlas and I know you where you went! Crickhowell was on the map, but not the others. How did you chose this particular spot? Was it a family conference decision? Your mate said the magic words: "It's Crickhowell, nor nothing?" Or, did you stick a pin in the map. I googled like mad. It was fun.
 
Sorry it's so long!
 
Jeremy, I must thank for this particular photo. It's been a difficult week, but seeing this overcast evening with its calming water and deep green country side, made me very thoughtful aboutimportant things in my life, and my future. By the way, is that a weir, or a shallow waterfall? Again, thanks.
 
Biene - Not a weir or a waterfall. Just the edge of a lake. And the reason we went there is because my parents, who also came along with my brother and family, have been going there for years and wanted to take us to show us. My mother's family is actually from south Wales, in Blaina.

Naturegirl - Thanks for visiting!.
 
Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?