Thursday, April 13, 2006


Just found this picture on my computer. It's a photo of an oil pastel and ink sketch that I made when I spent a year as 'Artist in Residence' at Stowe school near Buckingham (UK). Quite an amazing place, with 600 acres of landscape gardens and lots of monuments and follies.

It was quite a few years ago now, and someone bought this (no idea who). I used to go into picture making like a bull at a gate, which meant the resulting images had a lot of energy. I'm probably being a bit too careful now, so I'll keep this here to remind myself to inject plenty of vigour into my work.

Comments:
Hi Jeremy. I LOVE this picture. I love the softness of the colors, the pinks, greens and splashes of yellow. Not at all powerful but overwhelming in how they draw the viewer in.

Blessing of Easter to you and your family.
 
Hello Jeremy! Welcome to blogworld. You're more than two hours old now! (You left a comment on my site when you started up) Thanks for that, by the way. There's always anticipation when checking out a new blog, hoping you're going to hit on something that's up your alley.I like your site. I really love the pottery, I did think it was wood. It's calm and solid and strong and sensual.Also like your other work too by the way.Thank you for sharing. I'm looking forward to coming back and seeing more.
 
Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?